Thursday, November 4, 2010

Creature from the Black Lagoon Movie Remake

Creature from the Black Lagoon MovieThere could be new Creature from the Black Lagoon movie ahead of us. Universal Pictures intend indeed to develop a remake of the 1954 movie Creature from the Black Lagoon, a film about an undersea creature that terrorizes a scientific expedition. Director Carl Rinsch has been hired to helm the project. There's no official release date yet.

"We've gone through a bunch of different incarnations of scripts, and none that me and my partner were satisfied with. Gary Ross is involved with us as a producer along with his wife, Allison Thomas. None of us have been satisfied. I think we have a really cool take on the movie now – a much hipper, more interesting version of it, and we're looking for a new writer who's after that. And, in fact, I just had breakfast and I was writing down my notes about it, about how I think it should go. I think we have a really cool take on it. Still set in South America, really a more 'not-a-guy-in-a-rubber-suit', a much more psychological transformation, more literary transformation. I think a really interesting idea."
Producer Marc Abraham
Plot:
"A scientific expedition discovers a prehistoric amphibious creature in South America."

If there's a real budget for the special effects, the new Creature from the Black Lagoon movie could be a real hit. But don't hold your breadth yet: real production hasn't started yet...

Here's the movie trailer of the original Creature from the Black Lagoon film:


CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON


Anyway, more details about the movie Creature from the Black Lagoon soon, so stay tuned with us!
:)

0 comments: